Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Photographing the everyday moments: I heart faces challange

As a photographer, I am used to picking up my camera for a portrait session, or a wedding. I must admit however, that sometimes I get lazy when I'm home, and unless we are all dressed up for a special occasion I don't grab the camera as often as I should. The perfectionist in me prefers the room to be cleaned or to have just the right light before taking a picture. It's gotten worse since starting my business. I now feel this added pressure that because I am a "Professional" photographer, all of my pictures, even of my own family must be frame worthy! Of course much of life is not "frame" worthy, and that is just me being overly concerned with someone judging my whole body of work based on a random badly lit picture of my daughter on vacation. I guess you could say overcoming the perfectionist thing is still a work in progress:)

The truth is when you look back on life, it's probably not the dressed up portrait moments that you will
remember the most. One of my favorite pictures I found recently, was one of me when I was a toddler sleeping on my mom. Is it a flattering picture? No, but it's says so much more. My mother's love and devotion is captured in that image, so no matter how messy our hair looks, it's a great picture.

In honor of the those once in a lifetime everyday moments, here is a picture of my sweet daughter during storytime. We have an elaborate bedtime routine that always includes a bedtime story. The "Alice and Wonderland" pop up book is one of her favorites.



I Heart faces, an online photography site for people who love taking pictures, had a photo challange this week for images with books, and this one I took a few weeks ago, came to mind when I heard this weeks theme. This photo was submitted to the I heart Faces photo challange.  www.iheartfaces.com





 Photo Challenge Submission

2 comments:

Just Rhonda said...

ooh that's cool!!!

Christina said...

I love it! It's like she's in Wonderland! Her expression is priceless. :)